Telwater Pty Ltd: Our liability for boats of our own manufacture is limited to making good any defects by repairing the same or, at our option, by replacement within a period not exceeding thirty six (36) calendar months after the boat has been sold by our dealer for the first time, subject to the Quintrex Three Year Limited Warranty Special Provisions. (For warranty conditions on your outboard motor and QUINTREX Trailer, refer to their applicable owners' manual supplied with these items). Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1. The boat must be maintained and used in accordance with the Boat Capacity Plate and Necessary Maintenance Directions attached to the boat and owners manual.
2. The boat and/or outboard/inboard engine must not have been altered or operated outside safe boating practices or the limits of the design specifications set down in the brochure or owners manual.
3. The boat has not been damaged by neglect, accident, improper use or used for competitive purposes.
4. The warranty does not cover any consequential expenses beyond the warranty repair of the boat itself, e.g. Freighting.
5. Telwater Pty. Ltd. shall not be liable for consequential loss of any kind arising out of the supply or operation of the boat.
6. Paint is warranted against defective paint or application, NOT against the normal effect of oxidization and degradation caused by fuel and dissimilar metals.
7. The normal effect of oxidisation of aluminium has the potential to bubble paint surface finish. Surface contaminates could cause oxidisation if not removed from the vessel.
8. Internal side panels are warranted against defects and not against degradation caused by fuel.
9. The fitting of wedges and anti-ventilation plate foils to the outboard/inboard engine could void the warranty (refer to special provision 2).
10. Any work agreed to be repaired by Telwater will be done ex factory, and freighting costs to and from the factory will be the purchasers responsibility. The warranty does not cover items replaced during normal service and maintenance operations and which are subject to wear.
These arrangements apply regardless of any change in ownership during the period covered.
11. Subject to item 12, the above warranty is in lieu of any and all warranties expressed or implied, conferred by statute or otherwise and is the only warranty given by Telwater on the boat or any part thereof. Any warranties under the Sale Of Goods Act are expressly excluded.
12. All warranties and conditions implied under the Trade Practices Act, including
as to one of merchantable quality, are not excluded by this warranty except that Telwater limits its liability for breach to:
(a) the replacement of the boat or products; or
(b) the repair of the boat or products,
at Telwaters' option with all freighting costs to be the purchaser's responsibility.
13. Excludes windscreen/windshield breakage and leakage around windscreens/windshields or other designed openings.
14. Telwater provides a general warranty as to the fitness for the purpose for the period of 12 months from the date of purchase with regard to upholstery, including lounges, backrests and seats.
15. Telwater will NOT warrant boats, which have been improperly trailed. E.g. the use of multi roller trailers, Incorrect or insufficient tie down from vessel to trailer, no engine support through an engine support bracket and off road use.
Telwater Pty. Ltd. does not warrant boats used commercially or warrant that QUINTREX boats are suitable for your particular commercial application.
It is a condition of the sale to you of any boat or Telwater product that the warranties and special provisions as set out above form part of the contract of sale between Telwater and you.
The contents of this website, excluding Warranty and Warranty Provisions, will not form part of any contractual agreement. QUINTREX recommends all persons comply with their local boating regulations and are familiar with safe boating practices.
This website is designed to provide you with an introduction to the Quintrex Products (including available optional equipment). Because of changes in conditions and circumstances Quintrex* reserves the right at any time, at its discretion, and without notice, to discontinue or change the features, designs, materials, colours and other specifications and the prices of its products, and, to either permanently or temporarily withdraw any such products from the market without incurring any liability to any prospective purchaser.
Details referred to in this website are based on pre-production specifications and could be altered or deleted prior to the boat's sale date. Because of variations which occur in manufactured products, all capacities, measurements, dimensions and weights quoted should be taken as approximate only and are subject to change.
Quintrex reserves the right to discontinue or change any of the exterior colours and interior trims referred to in this website at any time without notice. Every effort has been made to depict boat colours and trims as realistically as possible in this website, however some variation may occur due to printing limitations.
Always consult an authorised Quintrex Dealer to view actual colours and trims and for the latest information with respect to features, specifications, prices, optional equipment and availability before deciding to purchase. Quintrex do not offer factory direct sales or prices.
Three Year Limited Frame Warranty:
Telwater warrants each Quintrex boat trailer frame and its fabricated steel components including the ball coupling and wheels (but excluding tyres and tubes) to be free of structural or welding defects for a period of three years from the date of original purchase.
One Year Limited Warranty:
Telwater warrants the hot dipped galvanized finished surface of each Quintrex trailer and its components for one year from the date of manufacture on the compliance plate against red rust. This warranty extends to u-bolts, nuts, bolts, mechanical braking equipment (excluding disc brake surface, brake cables and adjusters) and the manual winch but excludes the strap or cable.
Telwater provides a general warranty as to the fitness for the purpose for the period of 12 months from the date of purchase with regard to trailer springs, winch and equipment and trailer plastic guards.
Six Month Limited Warranty:
Telwater provides a general warranty as to fitness for purpose for a period of six months from the date of original purchase with regard to trailer lighting, hydraulic and mechanical braking equipment, axles, wheel bearings (excluding water entry), seals, tyres (excluding wear), the surface finish of painted or powder coated wheels and jockey wheels.
Obligations of Telwater:
Telwater Pty Ltd: Our liability for trailers of our own manufacture is limited to making good on the above warranties, any defects by repairing the same or, at our option, by replacement after the trailer has been sold by our dealer for the first time.
• The warranties herein contained extend to the original purchaser (whose details are
recorded by Telwater) only. They do not cover any person to whom a trailer is transferred.
• Exercise of any of the above Warranties is subject to delivery of the trailers to Telwater, to proof of purchase and the date of purchase (as to which Telwater's records shall be conclusive in the case of disagreement).
• This warranty does not cover the cosmetic appearance of the galvanised surface of a
trailer or its components. It does not extend to rust on painted and zinc coated surfaces. It does not cover wear and tear or cosmetic changes to brake pads, winch cables, winch straps, bow rollers and keel rollers.
• This warranty does not extend to any trailer which is found to have been used
for any purpose other than that for which it was manufactured, which is found to be
overloaded, which is altered or modified in any way, or which malfunctions due to
prior damage, unreasonable use or failure to provide reasonable and necessary
• This warranty will be negated by and Telwater will not bear any responsibility for any warranty procedure or charge carried out without written authorisation by Telwater.
• There shall be no implied or actual warranty with respect to the manufacture of, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of any Telwater trailer and Telwater shall not be liable for any transportation charges, or for any direct, special, incidental, consequential (including loss of profit) or other loss or damage, whether based in contract, tort, or arising from breach of any warranty or otherwise provided that Telwater acknowledges that this warranty does not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute (including the Trade Practices Act) where to do so would contravene that Statute or cause any part of this agreement to be void ("non-excludable condition"). Telwater's total liability hereunder for a breach of any nonexcludable condition (other than implied by Section 69 of the Trade Practices Act) is limited at its option to any one of supplying, repairing or replacing or paying the lost of supplying, repairing or replacing a trailer.
• Commercial Use or Off Road Use: Telwater Pty Ltd does not warrant trailers used commercially or off road or warrant that Telwater trailers are suitable for a particular commercial or off road application.